Monday, December 19, 2011

Military Press Day and Battle Rope Fun!

I had a great upper body workout today!

This is the first week of my third cycle of Wendler's 5/3/1 program. This week calls for 3 sets of 5 with 65,75 & 85% of your 1 rep max. The last set you try to get as many reps as possible. I'm hoping to do better than last month, because I seem to be at a stall with some of my weights. :(

Warmup: jump rope, pushups, arm swings

Barbell Military Press:
65x5
70x5
80x6(I wanted to get 7 with this, but I just barely got 6!)
70x6

Overhead dumbbell press:
30x8/30x8/25x10/25x10/20x10
 
*superset with*

Neutral grip pullups(first 5 sets with weight):
20x5/20x5/20x5/15x5/15x5/0x5/0x5/0x5

Then I did couple sets of handstand pushups just for fun! :)

And to finish I did a fun little conditioning workout with battle ropes that was actually quite brutal! I've never used the ropes before, so I figured I'd try something new and that'd it be a good finisher for my upper body. I did 20 seconds of rope (I alternated between using both arms and alternating) & 20seconds of mountain climbers, 5 times. I rested long enough to feel somewhat recovered. Boy, were my triceps on fire!!

I ended with 2 sets of ab wheel rollouts for 10 reps. These are also something I've never done before. I love doing new things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment