Monday, January 2, 2012

First Workout of 2012

Well, I had a good upper body workout, although I didn't hit a PR I was going for on my overhead press. :( Actually, I couldn't even get my previous PR of 95lbs! Pretty disappointing.

This program has not worked well for me, so I will not be continuing it. This is the last week, so I'm going to finish it out. I'm excited to doing something different. I tried having a focus on strength for a while...but I really haven't gotten much stronger on anything. We'll see how the rest of the week goes with my other lifts-maybe they'll be better.

 I want to get back to my focus of getting bigger-if that means going back to a bodybuilding approach, that's what I'll do. I'll keep a lot of things that I've learned from CrossFit and powerlifting, but my goal is not going to be getting as strong as possible.

So here's what I did today :

Overhead press:
70x5
80x3
90x1
95x1(fail)

Dumbbell overhead press:
5 sets of 10 with 30-30-25-20-20

-Superset with-

Neutral grip pullups:
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Bodyweight finisher:
5 rounds- 10 inverted rows, 10 puhups, 20 mountain climbers each leg

No comments:

Post a Comment