Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LEGS!

My split for the next couple months(I hope!) is going to be upper-lower-upper-conditioning. My back and hip are feeling better, but I'm going to continue going to the chiro. He's working on relaxing my left hip flexor, which is really tight and probably causing the back pain.

I'm going to try to add in one leg day a week and see how I feel. I'm also working on strengthening my gluteus medius and stretching on off days.

My newest goal is to get a big ol' booty! I've always wanted a big butt. So the focus of my leg training is not going to be so much on maximal strength, but on higher reps(6-10). I'm working right now on learning how to really contract my glutes by doing some bodyweight glute bridges and bird-dogs in addition to my gluteus medius rehab exercises.

Anway, here's what I did today:

1)Trap bar deadlift: 135x6-6-6 (First time deadlifting in months! Felt pretty good!)

2)Hang power snatch: 65x3-75x3-85x3-85x1

3)Front squats: 95x6-95x6(Didn't want to push it with these, just wanted to see how they felt)

4)Side reverse lunge from step: 25x8-0x10(working on doing more lateral exercises)

5)Smith machine calf raises: 3x15-20

6)Kettlebell swings: 25lbs, 3x20 (wish the gym had a heavier kettlebell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment