Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Survival Deadlift Challenge

Leg day started with 1 arm dumbbell snatches. I've never done these before, but I LOVED them! So fun.

1)1 arm db snatch: 30x6, 3 sets

Then I did another challenge from Survival of the Fittest: as many reps as you can get on deadlifts with 1.5x your bodyweight. Right now I weigh 124, so I used 185lbs. I managed to get 12 reps, which is not impressive compared to what other people got! But it's the most I've ever done with that weight.

Just a little tidbit here: since doing CrossFit, I've always done touch and go reps(like in the video), where you don't pause at the bottom. I've always felt that I can maintain my back arch better and keep the tension on my hamstrings doing them this way. However,  I know that my weakness is at the bottom of the deadlift, so I'll be doing full stop deadlifts for a while for my heavy reps(less than 5). For high reps, I'll continue to use touch and go.

2)Front squats:
95x4-115x4-125x6-115x8

3a)Narrow leg press
140x12-140x12-140x15

3b)Stablility ball leg curl:
3 sets of 12(did not like these)

Sled sprints: 10x, first 5 with 20 extra lbs, last 5 with just the tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment